• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

What are your targets for the new season?

Kevin, what's your setup for float fishing?
Hi Mark essentially its trundling meat with a big float up to 15g with a 12g olivette or 12g with a 9 depending on flow. .21 braid and 13lb seaguar floro hooklength of about 12" attached to a swivel stopping the olivette. Fishing around 2ft over depth. But keep adjusting the float till it works the swim in the best way. I compared notes with a very capable angler who spent the whole summer trundling and we had around the same number of barbel however he had twice as many trips. Hope that helps.

To get rid of my FREE SPIRIT HI S RODS , and get some Harrison's 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤔
But on a series note , I would like to beat my PB of 13lb 6oz,only managed a 9lb fish last season.
Yep it certainly is a series..😁Just proves throwing money at it doesn't always work..if you need a reset can swap my pair of Rouges for the Spirits.😏

Yep it certainly is a series..😁Just proves throwing money at it doesn't always work..if you need a reset can swap my pair of Rouges for the Spirits.😏
Adam just enjoys what he's doing mate,ive done a couple of deals with him recently,and he's a top bloke as far as im concerned, it might seem strange him selling all this quality gear,but he wont be swapping rouges for free spirit 😂

Having had my permit for 4 years at £250 a year. I’ve fished it 3 times, so this year i’d like to try and actually get some value for money and get there a lot more.

Adam just enjoys what he's doing mate,ive done a couple of deals with him recently,and he's a top bloke as far as im concerned, it might seem strange him selling all this quality gear,but he wont be swapping rouges for free spirit 😂
Adam admits he has a problem, and tbh he doesn't need any encouragement to go on another spending bender, of course the Rouges are not going anywhere other than the loft.
Adam comes across as a good bloke but that level of losing money is frightening. Of course all sorts of compulsive behaviour comes in different guises, most of us have a similar addiction, I do to a certain extent, but sometimes it needs a bit of self control.
To be honest this place has got a bit elitist, and anything other than top end tackle just doesn't cut it, which of course is nonsense.
You don't need thousands of pounds worth of gear to fish well and enjoy jour wonderful pursuit.
In fact less is very much more I reckon.
Tin hat...

Adam admits he has a problem, and tbh he doesn't need any encouragement to go on another spending bender, of course the Rouges are not going anywhere other than the loft.
Adam comes across as a good bloke but that level of losing money is frightening. Of course all sorts of compulsive behaviour comes in different guises, most of us have a similar addiction, I do to a certain extent, but sometimes it needs a bit of self control.
To be honest this place has got a bit elitist, and anything other than top end tackle just doesn't cut it, which of course is nonsense.
You don't need thousands of pounds worth of gear to fish well and enjoy jour wonderful pursuit.
Tin hat...
That’s why I keep posting about old Chimeras that cost next to nothing…..and Okuma reels that have replaced 200 quid Shimanos.

Tin hat...
Can't take it with you.

And for many years, working hard to ensure the kids had a great education and were set up, which meant going basic tackle, I love treating myself.
Because I can.

Back