• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

What are bucket bags like as roaming tools

Keep seeing them pop up occasionally and while I’ve no intention whatsoever of spending £70 on a discontinued second hand fox one I see you can still find the 13/17L trakker versions for 35 quid to add a bucket to brand new. Aimed at carpers naturally like most items of luggage but I’m thinking if I can lose the chair on short sessions it might be a nice little river roaming bag. Could work with my dead bait sessions too. AFew ice packs and fish thrown in the bucket and a few sliders I’ll be good to go.
The old fast mat would nicely double the seat padding too.
Any thoughts......
I have a Fox one and think it’s great...only one annoying fault which I would imagine is common to most bucket bag/seats is that after sitting on it it snaps the lid down tight and is a sod to open again with cold hands - however, quick remedy is gaffs tape on bucket lid to avoid the snap/click shut

I have a Fox one and think it’s great...only one annoying fault which I would imagine is common to most bucket bag/seats is that after sitting on it it snaps the lid down tight and is a sod to open again with cold hands - however, quick remedy is gaffs tape on bucket lid to avoid the snap/click shut
Tracker one is alright after been sat on. It’s got a decent lip to grab and peel the lid straight off

Back