• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wensum petition

I posted this on the Wensum River thread yesterday and I've copied it onto the main board to see if it gets more uptake, hope that's okay with the moderators:

A proposed development near Fakenham, Norfolk has been approved by the North Norfolk District Council.
No thorough Environmental Impact Assessment has been undertaken, despite the site being adjacent to a SSSI/SAC designated area: the River Wensum.
Please sign this petition to help stop this development and pass it on to anybody that might be interested.:

http://www.petition.co.uk/protect-the-wensum-valley

Best wishes
Mark Rylands :eek:

Signed

If planning was given in 2001 and has not yet been acted upon then it has died, hasnt it? You only have 5 years.
If so then a new application would be needed.

Done

Signed, had recent run in with my local council and an inappropriate development close to my house.
You will find these people detached from reality but best of luck.

Thanks to everybody that has realised the importance of this issue.
You're involvement is greatly appreciated.
Best regards
Mark

Mark
might it be worth approaching English Nature or similar bodies given the nature of the proposed development and (high) likelihood of spills.

Back