• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Well Thought out the EA.Do they care about us?

Ken Jones

Got up this morning went to check the rivers levels on the EA site and found this:mad:

Reduced Website

Due to routine maintenance, we are currently running a reduced version of our website from 18:30 Friday 11th March until 10:30 Saturday 12th March. You will still be able to check our flood warnings and use other essential services on this site. Please check the relevant pages for more information.

Well thought out Mr EA last weekend of the season and lots of anglers trying to have a last go and they decide to do some routine maintenance:mad::mad::mad:

And can I ask you why you have sent me a Coarse license when I paid on line for a Salmon one and the chap in the local post office has no idea how it can be changed:mad::mad::mad:
Ken

On the subject of the EA and water levels, I have been trying to fish the Sussex Ouse all this week. The level constantly drops to where you can see much of the bottom and in places the river bed is exposed. Then it will start to rage through and come up 18 inches in no time. This is a long standing problem caused by faulty gates at Pimms lock.This cycle is constantly repeated throughout the day. The EA have been made aware by the controlling club, but nothing is being done about it.
I think we may well have to get used to this kind of service. The country needs to balance the books, whilst ensuring the very well off continue to prosper and bankers can still pay themselves huge multi million bonuses. If the police force and children with special needs are targets for the cuts, what chance the EA?
To finish on a positive note, managed a pristine fish of 8lb 6oz from a really small, little fished stretch. So chuffed I sent a pic to Andy F
Shaun, who lives nowhere near the sea, but fishes his local tidal river.

Last edited:
Back