• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Well and Truly Hooked

Well, after three to four years and many endless hours of writing, editing, throwing away, writing, editing and worrying I have finally got to the point where my attempt at penning an angling book has been published.

It takes you on a journey through my angling life, from the Norfolk Broads to Frampton Court and on to the river Kennet as well as many other wonderful rivers and lakes.

I can't quite believe I have actually done it and when I saw the book and held it for the first time it was a wonderful surreal moment and worth every second of the time it took to put together.

If anyone would like to purchase the book you can get it from www.calmproductions.com

If you do buy it I thank you very much and hope you get some enjoyment from reading it.

all the best

Theo

what an achievement Terry, well done and i hope its a best seller.

It takes you on a journey through my angling life, from the Norfolk Broads to Frampton Court and on to the river Kennet as well as many other wonderful rivers and lakes.

Does it include that night in the Railway when you and Dave G became the new CAC Committee? :D

Hello Nigel I hope things are good with you?
funnily enough that episode does get a mention along with the rest of the chaps, especially young dougie ha ha!

great stuff theo,i look forward to reading it,maybe see you on the kennet one day and you could sign my copy..

luke

It would be a pleasure luke although I haven't been on the kennet for a while owing to work in northern areas. Been working in Tring this week though and managed a couple of tench out of startops which I am over the moon about.

I hope you like the book and thanks for buying it.

I'll definately be getting this book.
I remember reading some articles on the Wye from Theo. Very enjoyable.

Looking forward to it.

Graham

Just finished reading it Theo, great read, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Also cheers for the kind words. :)

p.s. One question, so what's wrong with my maggots then? :D

Last edited:
sorry Nige, I promise to buy half a pint off you the next time I am down ha ha!
I have had some wonderful messages complementing me on my writing attempt and I haven't had one negative remark yet which is a relief.
thanks for buying a copy and making it all worthwhile

Theo

Its a proper read all the way from eel bashing right up until joining top syndicates etc , the biblins is a cracking photo and an awsome water as you know , my favourite parts is the fact you always seemed pi$$ed lol , i would of been if i had a dragon of an ex mrs lol , cracking read , love it.

cheers graham I am glad you enjoyed reading it, its comments like yours that made it all worthwhile writing.

catch a few on the Wye mate!

Back