• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Weighing scales

Totally concur Adrian - surely after a while catching a nice fish is enough. Personally, a few ounces either way does not matter & if its special personally, weigh out an equivalent mass of potatoes at home in the weigh sling on the same scales, transfer the spuds to a digital kitchen scales or any other & like a small magic trick, hey presto - weight comparison.

According to my wife's kitchen scales a 440ml can of stella is exactly 1lb so if i want to check the accuracy of my scales I always can !!

According to my wife's kitchen scales a 440ml can of stella is exactly 1lb so if i want to check the accuracy of my scales I always can !!
i think in other country's, fluid in cans comes in weight not fluid measurements.:confused:...i think, just out of interest.

A large bottle of Cobra weighs 1044g or 2lb 4 7/8 oz and a small bottle 573g or 1lb 4 1/4 oz. Either way I'm going to have to take some out of the bottles to round down to the nearest ib.....what hardship to check the scales - yummy.
Cheers
Bob

Hmm. Cane, rubber, Thirties decadence, Scandinavia... Appears to cater to a few of my many, less well-known interests.

Many thanks.

B.B.

Sorry to interupt, but on the subject of scales. Next weeks Angling Times is offering a FREE set of weigh scales, all you pay is the p&p. They look the same as the luggage scales on sale in a local shop for £2.99. Lets see how much they want for the p&p. :rolleyes:

An aid to accuracy - travelling light

Earlier this year I started using a heavy duty screw hook from which to hang the scales & sling. I don't know why this never occured to me before. Everythings nice and steady no need for crooks and muscles (for those 20lb'ers ;) ). :D

This type
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Heavy-duty-Sc..._Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ?hash=item414cbf9511

Believe me, you could hang yourself from these things no probs :D

Simply screw the hook into the nearest slanting large tree (You'll need a bradawl first time) you're then done for any future visit.

You'll also discover just how many trees don't grow straight up !!

Back