• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

weathers changed.

Mark Gaskell

The time is getting about right for the fair weather anglers to put there gear away,leaving the banks free for the rest of us ,whos putting there gear away and why?

Not me. I especially like it when all the rubbish has flushed through so no more clumps of weed, leaves and dead animals fouling your line. This is typically when I really get to enjoy my barbel fishing-especially as I have come to realise I am a bit hopeless at fishing in this transitional period (or Autumn as it's more commonly known) as we head into winter.

Dark Knights

Mark, i like nothing better than getting my gear out in the dark and giving the meat a good roll.....:eek: If the banks are quiet i can roll it over a wide area and really fan the rod about...:eek:

Packed mine away a couple of weeks ago, get some graft done 'til the new year. Then it rained! The Barbel rod is out again!!

the weather up in the heads of the valleys in wales is sunny and nice, yesterday was much the same, we waited and waited for that storm but it never showed:)

Rather optimistically I bet my brother that I would catch a double before he did, that was two months ago when we both started fishing again, I'm fishing the Thames he is on the Nene. I have two more brothers with PBs of 12lb 8oz and 14lb, and (much to his amusement!) a nephew whose PB is 14lb 8oz. So there's pride at stake and some banter going on. I've dug my thermals out.....

Carp gear put away a few weeks ago, been using normal Barbel rods since but its now time to get the flood rods and heavy feeders out me thinks !
Dave

Back