• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

waterproof jacket bargain of the year ?

Gerry Giles

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi men

That's a good buy . I get drawn into M+M adverts , only to find the only size left is small 😁 , but there is a bit of a choice this time .

Hatter

Hi men

That's a good buy . I get drawn into M+M adverts , only to find the only size left is small 😁 , but there is a bit of a choice this time .

Hatter
TBH I forgot to post it on here I posted it on a couple of forums a couple of weeks ago and they had from XXL to small all sizes then it was only on Sat I realised I hadnt put it on here sorry I will smash meself in the mouth lol

I have a similar Berghaus jacket thats around 7 seasons old and still 100% waterproof and breathable Berghaus gear is brilliant a few people have now told me they were so impressed when it came they bought a second one just to keep in the car

How good is the waterproof ability of this jacket?
as you didnt read ALL my post above ? it is what you would expect from a lightweight jacket that sells in some places for £115 ( Berghaus website )
so why not google it and read reviews ?

How good is the waterproof ability of this jacket?
here is a copy on another group I posted the deal a couple of weeks ago
24 Mar 2023 at 10.56pm
In reply to Post #4
I’ve got this jacket after your recommendation on the other thread, it’s been faultless for me and the water still beads off and doesn’t soak in, I’ve got a Berghaus gore-tex for everyday use and it’s every bit as good, an absolute bargain.

I took a punt on one as I needed a lightweight waterproof jacket for summer, one that will roll up and not take much space in my rucksack.

It arrived this am, from first inspection it seems well made, nice and lightweight and a good fit, I'm usually an XL but large fits me well. Only slight criticism is there is no inside pocket for my phone. But for £45 I can't complain. Will put it through its places this summer, although hopefully not too much..

Back