• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Water/ air temps

I know this only relates to a very small part of the Barbel fishing year but thought it worth throwing in. I think it's a consideration that doesn't involve looking at the thermometer maybe?

I think you could well be right Andrew. I’ve done 3 albeit very short trips this week and with no results I think my main issue is location. Where I expected them to be I’m now sure they’re not and have moved to a different area…..not easy this winter barbel lark

I think you could well be right Andrew. I’ve done 3 albeit very short trips this week and with no results I think my main issue is location. Where I expected them to be I’m now sure they’re not and have moved to a different area…..not easy this winter barbel lark
Know what you mean Neil. I've been twice this week with favourable water temperatures and good colour without so much as a knock. You don't know, on low stock venues, if this is because they're not feeding or simply not there. Often when I get one late in the day I'm left wondering whether it's just started to feed or just arrived in the swim. Keeps us interested I guess! Out again today (good being retired!) Wish me luck! 🙂

Know what you mean Neil. I've been twice this week with favourable water temperatures and good colour without so much as a knock. You don't know, on low stock venues, if this is because they're not feeding or simply not there. Often when I get one late in the day I'm left wondering whether it's just started to feed or just arrived in the swim. Keeps us interested I guess! Out again today (good being retired!) Wish me luck! 🙂
Haha the rest and of us dream of retirement.. good luck mate

Back