• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Warwickshire Avon barbel

Yes.
Lots of pictures of over 30lb of roach from the WA this year and last.

But as I have only used a keep net twice in 30 years and the pictures are not of my fish in a net It would be wrong of me to share others pictures from a private face book page.

I am sure however that people like Howard Cooke
Martin Porter
Chris Ponsford
Can confirm my reports and have seen the same pictures.

If you look back at WA reports last season you will see pics of my 2.2 fish that also included a 1.15 and 1.13 same day.

Yes.

But as I have only used a keep net twice in 30 years and the pictures are not of my fish in a net It would be wrong of me to share others pictures from a private face book page.

Martin Porter
Chris Ponsford

If you look back at WA reports last season you will see pics of my 2.2 fish that also included a 1.15 and 1.13 same day.

Mate that's top angling and I take my hat off to you. Pons is a good pal, and I won't even insult your intelligence by asking him about it, I love seeing pics of big bags of roach, ill try and get on one of my spots soon near to Birmingham and try and get a pic of 20lb of canal roach for you. Great posts by the way.

Last edited:
Lee.
At least half of the roach are lb+ fish in some catches.

Amazing quality. I probably had about 40lb of fish trotting friday, half of which were roach, but averaging 6oz in that case

Good luck with your redfin quest.

Yes.

Martin Porter
Chris Ponsford

Affirmative.

The Roach fishing on our bit of WA is taking precedence over the Barbel at the moment and there have been some very good catches of them in certain swims ! Graham was fishing with me last Friday and he was bashing out the Roach whilst i was blanking on the Barbel !
We have plenty of pictures on our private club FB page so i have cropped one as an example.
65275451_114765783136222_5347454323284508672_n.jpg

Good to see all those pellets and boilies not going to waste. With that stretch being intensely fished the roach are obviously making hay. Early season was always good for roach,tench and carp too. What's the numbers of big barbel now looking like on that stretch Dave?

Back