• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Warrington anglers...

Rob Holt

Senior Member & Supporter
Any WA card holders here?

Is the Severn stretch they own any good? It looks pretty featureless from google maps and a right trek from car parking to the bank! I've heard their still waters aren't the easiest to fish either but for £50 a year, cant argue with the price!

Any other options upstream from Montford bridge would be greatly appreciated.

Ive got my STF, Rowley and Fenmere and BAA cards but wanted something a bit further upstream around Shrawardine or the Vyrnwy confluence area.

TIA!

When I was in Warrington AA, you never heard anything about that Severn length. In the end I binned the card , as river wise it added nothing over my PAAS card.

If you want the Vyrnwy confluence and other Severn fishing both above Shrewsbury and above the Confluence, PAAS is the ticket 👍🏻

There‘s also the Lymm river ticket, but IMHO, it’s overpriced for a river only card and especially if you have other club tickets already.

On the other hand Warrington is the best Tench card in the NW.

When I was in Warrington AA, you never heard anything about that Severn length. In the end I binned the card , as river wise it added nothing over my PAAS card.

If you want the Vyrnwy confluence and other Severn fishing both above Shrewsbury and above the Confluence, PAAS is the ticket 👍🏻

There‘s also the Lymm river ticket, but IMHO, it’s overpriced for a river only card and especially if you have other club tickets already.

On the other hand Warrington is the best Tench card in the NW.
I've no experience of either but there is currently a 2- 3 year waiting list for Prince Albert plus a hefty joining fee vs £50 a year for Warrington.

Back