• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted-Wychwood Maximiser barbel rod

They do pop up on eBay occasionally but you do have to be quick and lucky.
I got a 13ft twin tip version in June last year never been used or out of the bag for £80 now have a matching pair !

Hi David
I have Maximiser carp rods and really rate them. What do you think of the 13ft versions?
Richard, I originally bought the first one for flood fishing on the Wye & Warwickshire Avon which it handled perfectly, then I wanted another as like using two rods sometimes but it took a while to get another !
Recently I have been using them to fish very snaggy swims where hook and hold was needed and they have not let me down !
Would not part with them.
David

Hi David
I have Maximiser carp rods and really rate them. What do you think of the 13ft versions?
The original Maximiser (Spd) carp blanks were fantastic.

Problem was nobody would pay 200 odd quid for a rod with Wychwood on it ! Lots of the blanks got sold to custom rod builders. I think Cotswold Rods still have some.

I ended up with 4 of the Wychwood ones and the most expensive was £75 new.

Back