• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted - Speedia Wide drum

Steve Reed

I am after a Speedia Wide drum in good condition. Does anyone have one they want to move on?

Cheers.

Steve

I met that guy seems very genuine top money though but for £100 delivered I think that would be a good deal.

Thanks for the link Colin. Not sure I could bear to get it dirty!

Steve

Steve, he admits it is a reconditioned reel, and by the look of it he has had it powder coated. If that is pretty well all that has been done as far as 'reconditioning' goes, then it is little better than a non 'reconditioned' reel, and the coating may not necessarily last too long. Or it may have had wonderful things done to it, apart from the re-coating....gamble time :p

Cheers, Dave.

Looks a reasonable price to me. Good original ones are fetching £100 on Ebay and they are not nearly as good as this one – assuming it is properly restored not just coated. Tatty but working ones seem to fetch £45 to £50 (which is what I paid for mine) with more dubious ones going for around £30 or less.

Back