• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted - Speedia De-Luxe in good condition

I’ve got a bloody good one rob but the reel foot as been shortened and to be fair who ever done it they didn’t do a good job at all it needs rounding off to sort the edges out. condition wise is probably one of the best I’ve seen. And spinning wise it literally is the best I’ve come across for a speedia. if it was t for the reel foot then I’d have what I believe the best speedia wide drum deluxe you can find. if your interested I’ve got the reel here with me and I’ll send you some pics over

Unless they’ve made a right pig’s ear out of it then a shortened reel seat on a Speedia is unlikely to be a problem. They were originally made for cane rods with reel bands rather than Fuji reel seats and thus are usually too long for the later. I shortened one myself so it would fit a modern rod. Just simply round off the sharp edges and Robert’s is your dad’s brother.
If you have problems with it being too loose a fit onto reel banded rods then I’ve found making and contact gluing a rubber gasket (made from old bicycle bicycle inner tube) onto the top edge of the reel seat makes the fit tighter than two coats of paint.

Back