• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted - Shimano 6000 OCs

Jim Mileman

Now that I've managed to source a couple of Powermesh Barbel rods, I need some reels to pair with them. Has anybody got a couple of Shimano 6000 OC they're looking to re-home?
Thanks

Hi Jim, I have a pair of 8000’s in immaculate condition if interested. I’m just waiting on a delivery of an Okuma tomorrow to see and feel the difference in weight.

Hi. Jim why you not buying new ?
Glasgow angling had them in stock last wk. Regards peter
I think Glasgow Angling only had the 4000 in stock, the only place I've seen one recently was Fishdeal and they only had the one which when I went to buy had gone!
I'm happy with second hand and you usually get a better deal

Ssshhh! Don't tell everyone :)
Jim I’m going to be selling a pair of 8000 OC reels very soon which as far as size is concerned they are the same as 6000oc. The arm on the handle is slightly thicker and the rotor slightly wider but we are talking about fractions here and just afew grams. The biggest difference is line capacity on the spool.
If you want to pm me before I put them up for the world to grab at then let me know.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I had seen those facebook reels but they are collection only. To be honest given the prices they are fetching second hand and that the river season closes in a couple of weeks I think I'm just going to wait for stock to come back into the shops rather than save a few quid and not get the guarantee/warranty.

Jim I’m going to be selling a pair of 8000 OC reels very soon which as far as size is concerned they are the same as 6000oc. The arm on the handle is slightly thicker and the rotor slightly wider but we are talking about fractions here and just afew grams. The biggest difference is line capacity on the spool.
If you want to pm me before I put them up for the world to grab at then let me know.
Jim’s already been offered a pair of 8000’s by Paul Eyles (see above) Rich.

Back