• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

WANTED - Rapidex 2

Steve Lewis

Probably a long shot, but anyone got one knocking around they don't want anymore?

Seems that only unused museum pieces tend to pop up with any (relative) regularity, which are way out of my price range. As a user rather than a collector I don't mind one that's obviously been used, as long as there's no wobble or anything.

Hi Danny

Not easily to hand (I'm on my work laptop at the moment and I can't copy in or link to images), but it will say The Rapidex ll on the back with the model number 2450. They're quite recent (in relative centrepin terms - 00s I think?) and have a smooth finish.

I already have an old Rapidex (60s I think) and absolutely love it, so fancy treating myself to the modern version.

Thanks David.

I did spot that one, but barely used/unused and £245 - I can't afford that. I'm looking at well used ones, which (on the very rare occasion they do pop up on eBay) typically sell for £100-150 depending on condition. The same place had another one for £145 recently, but I missed it.

Probably a long shot, but anyone got one knocking around they don't want anymore?

Seems that only unused museum pieces tend to pop up with any (relative) regularity, which are way out of my price range. As a user rather than a collector I don't mind one that's obviously been used, as long as there's no wobble or anything.
Steve,
Only my opinion but I’d stick with your older Rapidex. I’ve owned both and didn’t use the Rapidex II cos I didn’t want to scratch it 🤣 I agree they look very nice but they don’t do anything that the older one doesn’t. I’ve three of the older version, one looks a little used but in superb condition compared with some of the junk that crops up on fleabay. I did have a Trudex as well that I bought from a chap in Yorkshire (I believe) he used to buy up the junk when it was cheaper than today and completely refurb the reels including stripping back to bare metal, priming and two top coats as near as to the original colour. He did a brilliant job, a proper craftsman.
Regards
Bill

Last edited:
Mike you legend - received with glee, many many thanks.

You haven't also got a Shimano Purist river feeder rod knocking about have you?😆😆

Well done Steve, one itch scratched and well done Mike for assisting 👍

Back