• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

WANTED old school rod rings , ferrules cash waiting

Mike Hodgkiss

As some of you may know I restore vintage mainly cane fishing rods . I am getting a bit low on stock particularly with regard to rings and brass ferrules . Do any of you have any that you would like to part with , or know of anyone who may have some ?Second hand items would be OK as long as they are not overly worn or tarnished / rusty . I would be very grateful for any help you can give . Thanks , and thanks to Andy for letting us buy and sell things on BFW . E mail me mike.hodgkiss@googlemail.com or ring / text 07858757354

Last edited:
There is an advert in the small ads of the angling times nearly every week advertising old stock that used to belong to an old boy called George who used to build rods in stevenage

Here’s the add

Attachments

• 1F337AE6-C629-480A-BA48-7EF7AB0C92EC.jpeg
    1F337AE6-C629-480A-BA48-7EF7AB0C92EC.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 378
Well done Terry, I just spent the last half hour searching for an old copy of AT for the chaps details before I read the whole of this post !!!! :oops:

Thanks Terry and Dave , top chaps . This fella wants £25 for a ferrule though , a bit steep to say the least but I will give him a ring .

Thanks Terry and Dave , top chaps . This fella wants £25 for a ferrule though , a bit steep to say the least but I will give him a ring .
Greedy Bugger ! Let him keep them at that money Mike !
Try John Hutchinson, 01767 317122. He's a rod builder up in Biggleswade, he's a nice chap and might be able to let you know where you could source some fittings at a more realistic price.

Brilliant , thanks for the tip Dave , I will contact Mr Hutchinson and see if he can help , any other suggestions very gratefully received

Yes , guides and blanks are very good Graham but they don't have the ferrule type I am looking for and their rings are a bit pricey , the search goes on .....

Mike a guy on Facebook I know is selling these let me know if you are interested in some I can get you his details.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190722-132144_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190722-132144_Facebook.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 330
  • Screenshot_20190722-132152_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190722-132152_Facebook.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 325
I reckon if you spent a bit of time contacting tackle shops you would find what you needed and they would gladly get rid of at low price

Back