• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted Martin Hooper Barbel Rods

thanks what is the test curve and what are you asking for it.
The rod hasn't got a test curve on it but reading on the net they seem to be built around 1994 and the test curves were stated at 1.75lb. Mybe someone on here might know more about them. As for price i don't have a clue. They seem very very rare!
This is a post i found on here.

Hi Jerry, The Martin Hooper Barbel rods were made by Sundridge in 1994, They made a 11ft 1.1/2 tc rod, a 12ft 1.3/4 tc rod. they also made a 15ft Martin Hooper Barbel float rod, I am lucky enough to have 6 of these rods 2 of each model. I still use mine the 11ft is a lovely rod to use with a centrepin. The 15ft Barbel float is very rare and fantastic for trotting for Barbel. The great man Martin Hooper can be found these days fishing the Kennet useing these rods and Speedia reels. Hope this helps Jerry.

This was back in 2012. No post on someone selling one of them.

Last edited:
Back