• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted Harrison Gti 11' 1.75

Hi Anthony, in the past, when I've wanted to buy something that i couldn't afford outright. ( i.e. a PC Graphics card i wanted, £250, to play top end games :D ) I put a couple of quid away each day in a tin, ( £2, £3 sometimes £4 or £5 ), its amazing how quickly it mounts up. If say, you had put £3 in a tin, since your first post, ( 20-12-16 ) you would now have approx £123 towards a " new " rod :) Not sure what a new one costs, but, a couple/few more weeks, and you could buy it " brand new ". :):):) Just a thought/idea. :)

Last shout. Any reasonable condition accepted. Mouse damaged handle not a problem etc. Otherwise I'll have to buy new.

Anthony , get in touch with Chas Burns at Burns built rods [07719788036] he is a first class rod builder using Harrison blanks , he will build the rod to your specification and at a reasonable price, I guarantee you will not be disappointed . If you ring him mention my name . He is in the York area so not too far for you to travel . Go on you know you want to ....

Cheers Derek. £230 (plus £15 p&p) for a new one to match my own (and worth every penny)....maybe less from Chas. Mike, I've already used him following a previous recommendation of yours and you're quite right...top quality.

The problem is, justifying the expenditure. I've already got a number of barbel rods however this is for a specific purpose and won't be used much. The search goes on...

Get a few of your rods on E bay , make some dosh , then it won't hurt so much :D . They are a lovely tool my favourite none cane barbel fishing rod

Thanks to the lads who gave me the heads up on a rod for sale on ebay. Unfortunately it sold for £141 + P&P ...just above my maximum bid :(

Back