• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted Harrison float GTI

If you are looking for barbel, chub, the GTI is not powerful enough for this job. I have a spliced tip GTI in 13' that I am using for trotting for roach. And I also have 12.9 interceptor su float rod for chub and barbel. I believe the latter is similar to GTI SU, and I can tell you the difference is huge.

I have a GTI su su made by Andrew field it’s fabulous but never come across another
Good luck with your search

I’ve got an old GTI su and it’s a beautiful rod but it doesn’t get touched nowadays. Acolyte every time!!!! I love Harrison rods but the GTI is well behind the times as far as light, crisp fast recovery blanks go. I’d look at others Adam and don’t just tick boxes. Get in the motor and go pick some up.

I’ve got an old GTI su and it’s a beautiful rod but it doesn’t get touched nowadays. Acolyte every time!!!! I love Harrison rods but the GTI is well behind the times as far as light, crisp fast recovery blanks go. I’d look at others Adam and don’t just tick boxes. Get in the motor and go pick some up.
Yes, the GTI is on heavy side I wouldn’t buy it if I am after a silver/chub rod. There are better options out there. But for barbel float rod, I still don’t trust acolyte, maybe cadence 14ft #3?

Back