• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted:Fox trolling boat rod rest

Hi Steve,
Have already got a pair that I am happy with and want 2 more for occasions when I am fishing with company..I prefer the clamp on style and quick adjustability of the Fox.
Regards
Pete.

Hi Steve,
The Chicos site is good to know about,thanks.The Fox's are about £10 cheaper than the Downeast S-10,so with my usual discount from my local tackle shop a pair would not be much over £40,if I can't get some second hand.
Regards
Pete.

Peter,

I have a fox one, only used once but am returning it as the hole drilled through the aluminium bracket for the clamp bolt is too big and allows the clamp bolt to rotate, when tightened the clamp bolt is at about 45 degrees to where it should be. I took it back to the shop and we looked at the others he had in and all the same so it is going back to fox when I remember to take it to the shop.............

I am not impressed with the fox ones.........

To be honest, anything Chico is recommending will be about the best you can get.........

Thanks for that info Ian.Haven't had a problem with the ones I've got,but your input has got me nervous now.Maybe there's a bad batch of them in circulation.If FS7000 reels are anything to go by,that's more than likely.Ooer.
Thanks again.
Regards
Pete.

Back