• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

WANTED: Browning Hybrid barbel 12' 3-piece (from about 10 years ago?)

Graham Shaw

Not seen one of these advertised for a few years, so I know it's a long-shot, but it was my favourite 3-piece barbel rod ever and I need a replacement. Or two.
Just posting on the off-chance that someone who doesn't really like 3-piece rods has one sitting around, as that's how I got my original one 7 years ago.

It's this one in this Facebook pic (if FB works for you). Not great design & materials I know, but a fab rod that does everything I need on small rivers and some medium ones, and never let me down.

Last edited:
My first "proper" rod when I took up fishing gain on retirement. Recall I paid around £15 new and sold 2 years after at about 20. Often see them on EBay and on marketplace. Should be able to get one circa 30 these days as used. Have laughed at some of the prices quoted, but thats due to my age.

My first "proper" rod when I took up fishing gain on retirement. Recall I paid around £15 new and sold 2 years after at about 20. Often see them on EBay and on marketplace. Should be able to get one circa 30 these days as used. Have laughed at some of the prices quoted, but thats due to my age.

Please let me know if you see one. I've been looking for a year , and am happy to pay three or four times that amount (and I'm out of work at 60 but looking unlikely to retire until about 75)

Please let me know if you see one. I've been looking for a year , and am happy to pay three or four times that amount (and I'm out of work at 60 but looking unlikely to retire until about 75)
Been retired 13 years now utterly dependant on those in work to give me money each month so I can fish. There was one on eBay a couple of weeks ago!

could have been on marketplace/gumtree so sorry if I have mislead you.

Must admit I'd never even heard of Marketplace till now. Now that I have googled it and realise it's a FB thing , it must be 'cos until now whenever the word 'facebook' is mentioned I immediately switch off

I guess I'd better start looking on there though, so thanks for the heads-up.

Last edited:
I think you are right. I was on fishing magic for a while but got fed up with the level of contributors. I find BFW much more adult! I use facebook just for buying. I dont have "friends" I haven't got any anyway! Got a couple of relations tho.

Back