• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted boxed Shimano 5000gte

N

Nick Hay

As above, must be boxed and in as new condition please,,,,,,,,,,looking for one for this weekend !
Pm's only please,

If you get it by the weekend Nick there's a good chance you might have owned and sold every 5000gte in the country.

Not quite Clive, there must be one boxed one out there that I have not owned ,,,,,,,,,,,,
nothing wrong with upgrading to get the condition you want eh ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

And anyhow, pot ,,,,,,,,, kettle,,,,,,,,,,,, black spring to mind, you sell more tackle than me,,,,,,,,,,,,,and that is going some !!!!!!

Lol

Come on guys, I will pay a premium price for one of these,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, £75 was the asking price by most on here so anyone want to sell one for that ?

Thanks Mark but looking to match up an existing 5000gte.

In my opinion it was Chris, don't do the bling thing of the current reels and the original gte is bomb proof.

Not this time Neil, gone off the idea of using two rods so the the minty one I have is the only one I need,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, took a while to find one but got there in the end.

Not this time Neil, gone off the idea of using two rods so the the minty one I have is the only one I need,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, took a while to find one but got there in the end.

Good on you Nick, all the Shimano of that era seemed to be good, like you I like the black down to business look.:)

The new Shimano's Neil obviously have all the enhancements but it is the shiny finish that puts me off, same thing goes for the Stradic, white just does not seem right for a reel!

The new Shimano's Neil obviously have all the enhancements but it is the shiny finish that puts me off, same thing goes for the Stradic, white just does not seem right for a reel!

100% agree, that's why I sold my Stradic. and the XTEA's probably, but not sure about the Penn, in a rather fetching gold :rolleyes:

Back