• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted Bob James centrepin please

Jon Kennard

Just putting feelers out to see if anyone had a Bob James in nice condition please for sale. Thanks Jon

Hi Richard yes I'm guessing so. I guess it'll depend on what's going and the price?I was trying to avoid the light weight version as mentioned and others preferring the sold back for barbel primarily cheers Jon

Hi Richard yes I'm guessing so. I guess it'll depend on what's going and the price?I was trying to avoid the light weight version as mentioned and others preferring the sold back for barbel primarily cheers Jon
I have both versions the solid and vented back plates of this reel and yes I also prefer the bj over the light weight for big fish and stepped up gear.
It’s probably just psychological but it just feels a bit more substantial for that type of fishing. TBH the weight savings between them isn’t huge either. They are both quite light.
Bearings are dead easy to change out too. All my bearing pins have now been upgraded to Japanese Ezo bearings and the youngs are the easiest of the lot to do.

Just be aware if you do attempt that or anyone else reading this the bearings are imperial not metric. 1/4x12x3/16

Keep an eye on eBay

Just bought one mint pretty much new for decent but let's face it realistic price with the current centrepin market

Back