• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted a pair of Harrison Torrix 2lb Barbel rods

Will be first thing, one is brand new the other used maybe only twice
Be sad to see them go but I could use the cash and they’ve not been used for ages

I've got a pair for barbel seekers 1.75lb for normal levels so the 2.5s may be a better option to be fair!
To be fair, compared to seekers, the 2lb torrix is going to feel a huge amount stiffer in the middle and lower part of the blank.

Torrixs are faster actioned rods and their test curves feel grossly over rated when compared to through action rods like seekers. I can slam 4 oz out with my 1.75 torrixs very easily and to good distances if needed. I wouldn’t consider trying it with a seeker despite the test curves being supposedly the same.

Try before you buy because the test curves tell you zip

To be fair, compared to seekers, the 2lb torrix is going to feel a huge amount stiffer in the middle and lower part of the blank.

Torrixs are faster actioned rods and their test curves feel grossly over rated when compared to through action rods like seekers. I can slam 4 oz out with my 1.75 torrixs very easily and to good distances if needed. I wouldn’t consider trying it with a seeker despite the test curves being supposedly the same.

Try before you buy because the test curves tell you zip

I have seen my mates and that's the reason I'm thinking about getting a pair. 2lb should cope with those wonderful 6oz feeders I've recently acquired 😂 I won't be chucking them to the other side of the river very often, if ever!

I have seen my mates and that's the reason I'm thinking about getting a pair. 2lb should cope with those wonderful 6oz feeders I've recently acquired 😂 I won't be chucking them to the other side of the river very often, if ever!
They’ll be ok for a lob but for those 6 oz feeders fully loaded 8-9oz you’re looking at something more beefy. Chimera 3 perhaps

They’ll be ok for a lob but for those 6 oz feeders fully loaded 8-9oz you’re looking at something more beefy. Chimera 3 perhaps
I don't want to be too over gunned and lose a nice action though...there's a really fine line I guess!
Bare in mind I'm casting 2-3 rod lengths out most of the time

Back