• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Walkers of Trowell

Chris Belcher

Senior Member & Supporter
Had an excuse to visit this shop for the first time ever today (dull trip to Ikea Notts, albeit without the missus) and have just got to say how great an experience it was . . .

Really experienced staff who had no problems with me waggling a variety of different Barbel rods, adding casting weights to the tips, adding reels with braid to get a full understanding of action and swopping out reels (to match my own) to check out balance etc.

Nothing was too much of a problem, all very relaxed and very much like a pre 'Angling Direct' experience of old . . .they did a job on me to be fair and as well as getting home with a new bathroom mirror am now the proud owner of a pair of new Torrix . . . . . .

Old skool shop = different gravy!

I visited Walkers for the first time earlier this year, and I agree, very good shop if a little cramped. I waggled various rods whilst in there, but I was good and resisted the allure of things with the names like "Big Water" "Tamer" "Chimera" and walked out with a bag of Groundbait.

I visited Walkers for the first time earlier this year, and I agree, very good shop if a little cramped. I waggled various rods whilst in there, but I was good and resisted the allure of things with the names like "Big Water" "Tamer" "Chimera" and walked out with a bag of Groundbait.
. . .unfortunately it didn't end there . . .several feeders, some tungsten beads and I also wiped out their entire stock of half ounce cow leads . . .

All thoroughly deserved early Xmas presents . . .

Had an excuse to visit this shop for the first time ever today (dull trip to Ikea Notts, albeit without the missus) and have just got to say how great an experience it was . . .

Really experienced staff who had no problems with me waggling a variety of different Barbel rods, adding casting weights to the tips, adding reels with braid to get a full understanding of action and swopping out reels (to match my own) to check out balance etc.

Nothing was too much of a problem, all very relaxed and very much like a pre 'Angling Direct' experience of old . . .they did a job on me to be fair and as well as getting home with a new bathroom mirror am now the proud owner of a pair of new Torrix . . . . . .

Old skool shop = different gravy!
Great shop !

If ever I need a bit of special gear like rods or reels or something out of the ordinary I always drive up to Walkers. Its only about 40 minuets away.

Back