• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wading belt

Paul Bullinger

Senior Member & Supporter
Not sure if I've posted this in the correction section but I would appreciate some advise on wading belts.
I have some chest waders, courtesy of Mrs B (birthday pressie) but apart from 2 waist adjusters it didn't come with a belt.
I understand the safety first element of wearing a wading belt ie to prevent water filling up the legs should I topple in, but I have no idea what make/model I should buy.
The internet just confuses me further. Any advise/suggestions please.

Not sure if I've posted this in the correction section but I would appreciate some advise on wading belts.
I have some chest waders, courtesy of Mrs B (birthday pressie) but apart from 2 waist adjusters it didn't come with a belt.
I understand the safety first element of wearing a wading belt ie to prevent water filling up the legs should I topple in, but I have no idea what make/model I should buy.
The internet just confuses me further. Any advise/suggestions please.
I would personally suggest you look at a bait pouch rather than a belt. It does the same job but with with the useful fact that you’ve got your bait to hand.

I’ve been through afew and by a mile the best one out there is the fox aquarius
Many reasons why.
It’s completely water tight so you can wade out with it on and submerge it right to the opening.
It’s got a zip up lid which is also waterproof so your maggots ain’t crawling out if it rains.
It’s got two loops on it one either side so you can hang your cati one side and I shove the net pole down the other.

Way more useful than a belt and it will act as a belt in the respect that if you fall over the water ingress into your waders will be drastically slowed.
IMG_1024.jpeg

As has been said any belt will do, but considering age and any back problems, it may be worth looking at back support wading belts.Simms do them at Simms prices, or Snowbee do them ( I use one), and find it beneficial when wading and fishing all day.

I have spent quite a few years now wading in estuaries when bass fishing, using frozen sandeel, I wear chesties and just use a nylon belt with a couple of carabiners looped over them to clip on my bait flasks. The sea sometimes washes up to my arrmpits if a rogue wave decides to chase me, or the wash from a passing boat.
I can say 100% that so long as it is tight , any method of cinching in the top of your waders will work. I have been sort of “damp” many times from above the belt up, but never had a seepage into my waders. For river fishing I think what has been said already is good, somewhere to keep your bait as I do with my bait flasks, plus a handy loop for a net , although I have never needed a net when wading , just bring the fish to hand ( a bit dodgy when the bass decides to spike me with its dorsal though 🤣🤣🤣)

On my way out to the channel.
DSCF9116.jpeg

Probably prior to one of my soakings ..

DSCF9155.jpeg

David.

Richard
Thanks for the info on the bait pouch. Up until now I have always used the ESP pouches but that Fox one looks much better
Just ordered the smaller 4 litre model
Ps. Its actually called Aquos not Aquarius
Mike

Richard
Thanks for the info on the bait pouch. Up until now I have always used the ESP pouches but that Fox one looks much better
Just ordered the smaller 4 litre model
Ps. Its actually called Aquos not Aquarius
Mike
It’s the smaller version I’ve got too

Quite tempted to get one of these Fox Aquos pouches, it’s the water tight aspect that appeals. I’ve got a Midwater pouch which is very well made but I noticed water seeping in through the seems which is not good for pellets.

Back