• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Very cheeky picture repair request

Gerry Giles

Senior Member & Supporter
A few years ago I posted a damaged picture of a Barbel I caught in 62 and a few really clever people restored it for me
well I know its not a Barbel but it is a Photo that is a great memory of a Pair of Linear carp I caught with a double hook up
Sadly its got damaged it was in a frame and parts of it stuck somehow to the broken glass
if there is a bored talented Adoby ? genius feels like having a go ? by any chance :oops:
taplow linears.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely looking carp Gerry.

What year were they caught? I don't know the history of Linear stocking, but they have a Leney look to them?
it was mid 70s cant remember the exact year 75/76 ? I got a BCSG badge on my hat so it was not before 75
my photo albums with records were stolen with camera after I had been to a BCSG meeting and forgot to take the holdall out of the car
these 2 were a double hook up and both landed in the same net !!
this was part of a 5 fish catch in a mad 4 and a half hours
picture was taken by my pal who had to leave for work I said finish the film up there is only about 6 left on it and I will drop it off to get developed on the way home not thinking I would catch any more wrong !!!!!
as I planned leaving at lunch time but it went crazy all 5 fish were like pee`s in a pod all between 24lb and 27lb Taplow gravel Pit Maidenhead Kennel bank swim

Last edited:
it was mid 70s cant remember the exact year 75/76 ? I got a BCSG badge on my hat so it was not before 75
my photo albums with records were stolen with camera after I had been to a BCSG meeting and forgot to take the holdall out of the car
picture was taken by my pal who had to leave for work I said finish the film up there is only about 6 left on it and I will drop it off to get developed on the way home not thinking I would catch any more wrong !!!!!
as I planned leaving at lunch time but it went crazy all 5 fish were like pee`s in a pod all between 24lb and 27lb Taplow gravel Pit Maidenhead Kennel bank swim
A great catch for those days Gerry 👏🏻 I was still waiting for my first twenty, that arrived in November 77.

They finally caught the bloke who murdered the woman in the layby there.

I fished it a couple of times for pike bout the same time Gerry.

They finally caught the bloke who murdered the woman in the layby there.

I fished it a couple of times for pike bout the same time Gerry.
I would have checked you then I was a bailiff for quite a few years 😀

I have used Robs services aswell Terry and is indeed a very talented guy.Can even change the background ,if you wish,which could be handy. :)

robs drawing.jpg

He can be found on ebay just punch in HAND DRAWN FISHING PORTRAIT

Lovely brace of linears there Gerry especially for that time . I agree with Terry in that it would make a cracking drawing .

Last edited:
Back