• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

VASS chest waders

Hi gents, anyone have these and recommend or otherwise ? thanks
Hi Cliff,

I have these waders. They are very high quality in my opinion, as you would expect from Vass. My only gripe is that they don't have a "belt" around the middle to keep them tight to your body. But that's only personal preference as my old Leeda ones did and I liked that aspect of them.
They also come in a nice carry bag that again is high quality.

The only other one i looked at were the "snowbee" waders. I only went for the Vass as i got them in brand new condition from a bloke down the road from me, i paid £40 for them.

Andy

I have the Vass 310 70T Hybrid chest waders and as Andy states they definitely could do with a belt as there is an excess of material which although helps when bending and kneeling down they do look baggy and feel massive. So they won't win any prizes for style.
Mike

Hi Cliff,

I have these waders. They are very high quality in my opinion, as you would expect from Vass. My only gripe is that they don't have a "belt" around the middle to keep them tight to your body. But that's only personal preference as my old Leeda ones did and I liked that aspect of them.
They also come in a nice carry bag that again is high quality.

The only other one i looked at were the "snowbee" waders. I only went for the Vass as i got them in brand new condition from a bloke down the road from me, i paid £40 for them.

Andy
The carry bag is an extra at around £20. Sounds like you properly Dick Turpin’d the bloke down the road 😂

Have you looked at ocean studded chesties? My local tackle shop stopped dealing with vass as their customer support was appalling also quality was poor, ive used ocean for 20 plus years on the yorkshire coast and would use no others but studded are a must, the boot sizes are on the snug side though, so upsizing is advised

Surely a belt is an absolute must on chest waders for both river and sea anglers for safety reasons? I suppose the VSS ones are mostly seen in photos of carpers in the shallow margins of gravel pits, caressing their prize fish.

Have you looked at ocean studded chesties? My local tackle shop stopped dealing with vass as their customer support was appalling also quality was poor, ive used ocean for 20 plus years on the yorkshire coast and would use no others but studded are a must, the boot sizes are on the snug side though, so upsizing is advised
thanks Matthew, I wasn't aware of these so ill have a look

I use Ocean gear too. Good stuff.

Back