• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

upton on 7 beards

alright lads not long now sorry for posting sooner but still learning this computer game out only just sussed the dvd out need some info on upton.. bank opposit the marina there for 3nights and 3days any chance of a bigun hope you can help put me on em cheers just like to say hello to you all .

alright lads not long now sorry for posting sooner but still learning this computer game out only just sussed the dvd out need some info on upton.. bank opposit the marina there for 3nights and 3days any chance of a bigun hope you can help put me on em cheers just like to say hello to you all .

All right Pete

Wondered where you have been:) to be honest as Neil (the other one that supports Championship Birmingham City:() said Upton would be a grueller, you might need longer than 3 days:p
But come on down anyway wouldn't be a bad idea, might even be able to help point you in the right direction

What is a "Beard"? I've checked my fish identification books and the only reference to beard I can find is a bearded rocking. You won't find many of those at Upton though I have seen a flatty which was caught just upstream.

I remember telling readers on the Peace & Love old BFW that I had had a 33-inch beard and duly posted a link to a pic. Here is a guy who went even better. B'stard!

HansLangseth.JPG

I seem to remember a huge Barbel for the river (15+) being reported to the AT at the back end of last season from near the Marina, the same guy reported a bream in the low teens from the same spot.

Peter,
I think you would get a much better response if you didn't refer to "beards" on this site?
What does everybody else think or is it just me?

Regards,
Jeff

Peter,
I think you would get a much better response if you didn't refer to "beards" on this site?

Regards,
Jeff

ok i give in no bxxxdx its a curve ball for the missis she thinks on line to aload of mistacheode germans she says i live on the bank know what i mean.

Peter,

Regards,
Jeff

ok i give in no bxxxdx its a curve ball for the missis she thinks on line to aload of mistacheode germans she says i live on the bank know what i mean.ps fishings a waiting game a **** days fishing beats a good day at work

There are some monster Barbel down there, i think its where Howard Maddocks caught the then British & Severn record from..Loads of Bream and very big Carp down there..The problem is it could take you an entire season to locate the Barbel as there are not many down there but what is down there could well be the Barbel of a lifetime..

What is a "Beard"? I've checked my fish identification books and the only reference to beard I can find is a bearded rocking. You won't find many of those at Upton though I have seen a flatty which was caught just upstream.

Is a 'Bearded rocking' a member of ZZ Top? If so, I doubt you will find ANY at Upton...............:D

Sorry Neil :p

Cheers, Dave.

LOL, Inside knowledge I'm afraid Dave, I might live in Shropshire but I'm a member of a nice little syndicate just upstream from Upton.;)

Back