• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Update on my 55 yr old PB !!!!!!!!!

Fantastic... I can only imagine how you are feeling, long time for any PB to stand, I will bet it won't last another 55 years :)

Quality Gerry. I recon you might struggle to beat a day like that. Gonna be hard work beating that pb now

Great stuff, Gerry, your threads have been really good to read.

Never been too bothered about weight of fish but knowing my luck, even if I wait 55 years to break the p/b I got last year (so I'll be 108 then), it'll be 1 ounce more ... so a 9-15.

Gerry it was such a fantastic day, that first bite took less than a minute to go over and you was into your first PB in 55 years. The PB just kept going up and up ending with that 12.01. It was an absolute pleasure to host you Gerry, thank you for the praise, that big smile meant a lot more pal.

Just found out how to get my phone pics on here

That is the best fishing story i have read in a very, very, long time. Not a lot of words but it speaks volumes. Fantastic stuff there and many thanks :D:cool:

Stephen

Back