• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Unhooking Mat Help?

I found something in my local tackle shop called a bivy mat. It is brilliant as an unhooking mat and only £10, it rolls up and fits in the bank stick pocket of my Korum Quiver. It is made from neoprene.

Been looking for a replacement for some time for my sponge soaking mat and this thread was just spot on.Great deal,(two for one )was going to link it last night after fishing all day but found Joe had already done so.Thanks for recommending it in the first place Simon

That site now states 'No longer available' Mark. When I clicked on it when I originally found it online, it was apparently an Italian site, and the postage on it was thirty odd quid :D.

Cheers, Dave.

That site now states 'No longer available' Mark. When I clicked on it when I originally found it online, it was apparently an Italian site, and the postage on it was thirty odd quid :D.

Cheers, Dave.

Dave, i think i may have ordered the last 2 just to join in :D There coming from Spain. Think the postage was £5.20. :)

Dave, i think i may have ordered the last 2 just to join in :D There coming from Spain. Think the postage was £5.20. :)

How come I always get a different message...are they trying to tell me something? Perhaps these sellers are worried that if they communicate in any way they will get a novel length reply :D:D:D

Cheers, Dave.

How come I always get a different message...are they trying to tell me something? Perhaps these sellers are worried that if they communicate in any way they will get a novel length reply :D:D:D

Cheers, Dave.

Dave dear chap, i didn't really need them, but just jumped on the bandwagon :D If you'd like one, you'd be more than welcome to it. :)

Dave,it just goes to show how quick things sell out when someone recommends an unhooking mat.Whose rrp is £19.99 on sale for £7.80 and Joe posts it on BFW. Lets all hope they all arrive.

Top quality piece of kit, yesterday it was out all day in the rain and slimed up.In the evening it weighed the same as the start of day and wiped clean.Excellent mat,and packs up well ,when i received them i was a bit worried they might be undersized-the boxes were that small but the mats just keep on unfolding.Worth the wait Joe

Last edited:
Mine haven't arrived yet, received an email yesterday from Silvia advising that they are just preparing my order for shipment. They seem to work in their own time, but at least I know its coming even though their relaxed approach to shipping is a touch mañana, mañana!

Mine haven't arrived yet, received an email yesterday from Silvia advising that they are just preparing my order for shipment. They seem to work in their own time, but at least I know its coming even though their relaxed approach to shipping is a touch mañana, mañana!

Yeah i got that e.mail too, i'd forgotten i'd ordered them :D

lol, i had similar experience with some spombs i bought, paid for em last mrch or april and forgot about em, they turned up xmas week,no name or address for return ect aint got a clue who i got em from after over 7 months lol

Update. i have now had 3 emails from them, 1st, delivery will be on the 19th. 2nd, delivery will now be 25th. 3rd, goods will not be delivered as they are out of stock. :mad::mad::mad: What a joke of a company, and i have told them as much.

Update. i have now had 3 emails from them, 1st, delivery will be on the 19th. 2nd, delivery will now be 25th. 3rd, goods will not be delivered as they are out of stock. :mad::mad::mad: What a joke of a company, and i have told them as much.

I think you are just telling porkies so you don't have to sell me one Derek :D:D:D

Cheers, Dave.

I think you are just telling porkies so you don't have to sell me one Derek :D:D:D

Cheers, Dave.

UPDATE

Eventually gave up with the WaveInn order. Found another supplier in Holland :eek: called ( Athleteshop ). Order placed on 25 - 01 - 2016.

THEY HAVE JUST ARRIVED :D 2 DAYS SHORT OF 4 MONTHS :D

So Dave G, if you still want one, p.m. me your address. :)

going back to origional enquiry, perfect answer is an ex army poncho,
good rain cover, backs up as decent unhooking mat and comfy to sit on all for around £12

Back