• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Twyford and District FC open day

Hi Steve,
Alan will start at 10am on the Pats, Keith will be about an hour afterwards on the Thames. It is totally dependant on the weather on the day.

Had a day with young Keith S tuesday on the TDFC Thames and we caught quite a few silvers and Keithy managed to land a 5-6lb pike hooked in the tail which was fun to watch. Had us laughing all the way to the net. A Titan 2000 wasn't made for that kind of tussle!

On the Monday I managed about 80lb dace and roach from the stretch so it is fishing.

Graham

80lbs......Good effort Graham. Good sign of river recovery and shows that all the nay sayers are wrong about all the fish being swept away in the 3 month flood that we had.
Thanks for the session with KS. Did you teach the old dog a few new tricks?

Hi Nathan, I know how hard it is for you youngsters to get out of bed.
Theres some big chub coming out at the moment and theres some big carp been seen on the upper sections.
I saw 3 koi basking a few weeks ago but I expect that they have gone now.
I also saw a photo of a three lb Sea Trout caught on the lower section Saturday just gone.
The river is looking in very good nick.
It'll be good to see you again mate.

Literally tons of fish coming out of the Thames to trotted baits, I had two pike at 8 and 12lb to lures on Saturday, some great perch and chub coming to lures on the Pats too so plenty of variety to have a go at :)

Don't trust the forecast Dave, it will be fine.
Time permitting I might pop along with my youngest now I'm not working this weekend.
Had some fun on the ultra light gear on the Thames after work today. So bring some lures if you are that way inclined.

Yes Steve. Nothing better than laying in a nice hot bath with a large Gin & Tonic to warm myself up.

Take care

Mike

Another great open day.
Thanks to all who helped, coached and attended.
We even had to park cars near the Upper Pats foot bridge, over 50 cars in the car park at one stage.
We made £80 for Fishing For Forces charity.
Great displays from Keith Speer and Alan Stagg.
15 plus new members and renewals.
Thanks again.
Looking forward to the next one.
Dave

Back