• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

tutti frutti

Chris Thomson

Seeing how richworths tutti is prob one of the best winter boilies and has,for many many years ,been most carp anglers 1st choice boilie has anyone used it barbelling and done any good?

Have used it on and off for years on the Wey, with good results.
Tutti frutti corn is also a great summer bait if you don't mind catching the odd bream.
I found the small Richworth tutti's were also a good tench bait.:)

Without doubt THE best winter flavour for carp, a few crushed boilies in a pva bag and two 10mm'ers on a hair is very,very hard to beat, in my carping days this was my take anywhere winter bait, even had them in the snow on this, as for barbel have no idea as never tried it, tench love it as well do bream, roach do also and if you could get them in 6mm would be a killer.

Have used it on and off for years on the Wey, with good results.
Tutti frutti corn is also a great summer bait if you don't mind catching the odd bream.
I found the small Richworth tutti's were also a good tench bait.:)

Strawberry corn also Dave. Tench, on most waters anyway, love TF and strawberry mini boilies. However, many years ago I was fishing States Lagoon which is near the Linear complex, and all I could catch on these mini boilies were wild carp. The tench wouldn't touch them! I've not tried any of them for barbel but Esterberry boilies had a good name for barbel a few years back.

Yes Alex,... fruity flavours can be very effective for barbel and are underrated by some I think. You're right that esterberry was a successful barbel boilie, as was cranberry shellfish in 6mms presented on a bayonet hair rig.
I used to fish Mercers Park for the tench with TFs and had great success using two 6mms in swims up to 40 feet deep, unfortunately the tench did not thrive in the pit and it became more well known for carp and record breaking chub.
PS...Alex, did you ever try the honey and yucatan for the tench?
Forgot to say what a winner the frozens were!
dt

Some very big Thames barbel taken by our group on snowmen rigs with tutti frutti pop ups. They do indeed appear to like them....:)

Ian

I have a mate who used to sit and munch a packet of them like boiled sweets.
They really have multi species appeal.
Phil.W

"Has he grown into a 7 foot giant? "
Not really,but he has a got a bit of an orange tinge when he catches the light right.
Phil.W

Back