• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

tungsten rig tubing

In carp fishing yes Sam, pins your line hard on the bottom, excellent;) not too sure if this applies in barbel fishing, I've never used it

if your line is tight to the rod tip then nothing is going to keep the line before the lead pinned to the bottom apart from using backleads and a fairly even riverbed, definately worth keeping this in mind;)

Cant think of any cons for this Sam, I always use it when carp fishing, used to use ordinary silicon but when this was released yrs ago I havent looked back. I use about a three foot piece.

i also have used this in my carp fishing since it was put on the market, before that i used a silicon or plastic tubing with heavy metal putty wrapped and moulded around the top of the tubing, the line isnt quite as free to pull through the tungsten tubing but still free enough not to deter a taking fish

i also have used this in my carp fishing since it was put on the market, before that i used a silicon or plastic tubing with heavy metal putty wrapped and moulded around the top of the tubing, the line isnt quite as free to pull through the tungsten tubing but still free enough not to deter a taking fish

Definately worked this John, was a good idea with the putty before tungsten tubing came out. Still is.

Back