• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tripod

Dave,
I have the Korum 2 Rod Pod and find it pretty good for what I need. Some people have questioned it's robustness and I guess the build could be a little better, but it's fine for what I need it for.
I had the Trafford Angling one and although it was fairly well built, it was prone to being pulled over by smash takes.
I think a few on BFW have a Spro pod which looks very good and solid.
Someone did post a link to a Sea Fishing Pod on E-Bay which looked the part too !
Hope this helps a little..........

I would say get some of the locking screws made up by an engineer for the Korum pod. The plastic handled one thats supplied for securing the legs will snap off when over tightened I broke at least 3.
Or it could be I am clumsy.

The Spro pod is a great piece of kit but is a bit on the large side from what you have specified. It is quite light though and comes in a decent bag so can be carried easily. Incidently Daiwa are now producing an almost identical tripod, the only difference being the top bar has the rod rests built in rather than having them screw in so you will be unable to fit alarms (although i think this could be easily converted with a bit of effort) Its a lot cheaper than the spro one too.

Back