• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tripod

Alan Points

I know it has been discussed before but just wanted to check whether anyone had any suggestions for sourcing a relatively cheap tripod I can use for 2 rods when on the Wye for a few short sessions next month.

Thanks

Try searching for Gardner triad on eBay. Just a block which you screw bank sticks.

just as clive says but try long bivvy sticks this gives you extra length and strength for ballst under the head to stop getting washed away:)

After my first trip to the Wye I realised how useful a tripod would be, so before the next one I looked through my old gear and found a steel Efgeeco telescopic tripod which did the job but weighed a ton!
4 or 5 years ago my wife told me that Lidl were knocking out camera tripods for £11.0.
Well it turned out to be German made, lightweight rigid construction, and extended from 18 '' to 5 feet. The camara attachment can be easily removed and after taking it to work and modifying the top end with an insert it serves as a useful rod and camera tripod.
I think they now sell for about 16 quid.
I use a 6 foot Ian Gold Match tripod for beach fishing, and to be honest that would do the job, but although its made from alloy, it's relatively heavy and is'nt telescopic.
If I fished rivers like the Trent or Wye on a regular basis I would opt for one of the purpose made jobbies I guess.
I've got a nice steel tripod if your interested!:D
I hear Efgeeco gear is collectable nowadays!;)
dt

If you can get a storm pole in use them much better imo. Done the tripod thing but tbh its like following the crowd. I.only usy old fox horizon when i cannot find a hole to get in. Phnaar phnaar

Trafford Angling do a great tripod, purpose built for barbel fishing, had one as have my friends for a number of years 10/10

Would have suggested Trafford Angling's tripod, but they went out of business quite a while back. A few crop up the bay now and again though.

tripods

Plenty on the bay theres a parker one for £35 delivered and its got the same coding as the old trafford jobs must be somthing similar TBR2 I think.;)

Back