• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Tring?

Tony Carter

Anyone have and good/bad experiences about tring?

I'm struggling to find a lake to fish that's not a carp puddle or covered In rubbish so I'm prepared to drive !

I've been to fishers green in the lea valley but it's not that quiet and people seem to find it acceptable to dump rubbish there !

Thanks...tony

Tony

the first place I think of when anyone mentions Tring is the reservoirs. When I was a lot younger I fished them as I use to live near Dunstable, so it was a short trip. They weren't easy fishing but they held some large tench, bream and roach.

Hi men,

Be prepared for "have you caught anything mate " every 10 mins from the general public :D .

Hatter

Hi men,

Tony , great value ticket , but you can't night fish Startops until you have been in the syndicate for one year . Plenty to go at on Marsworth , record perch in Wilstone , and I know someone who rarely night fishes , and he has had carp from Startops day fishing . One of the big carp died last year , but lots of gooduns , up to around 50lb .

Hatter

Hi men,

Tony , great value ticket , but you can't night fish Startops until you have been in the syndicate for one year . Plenty to go at on Marsworth , record perch in Wilstone , and I know someone who rarely night fishes , and he has had carp from Startops day fishing . One of the big carp died last year , but lots of gooduns , up to around 50lb .

Hatter

Thanks Mark ive emailed the guy on the web page and now had to email another address to get a permit...

I guess putting up with the public is the only downside, the lea valley pits are very hectic with the public, dogs etc and its not that scenic if you are facing the pylons from the power station, to add insult the other week someone decided to use the bushed behind a swim as a toilet - not pleasant!

As long as you can get some peace and not fish on top of other anglers I might give it a go!

Back