• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Trigga Ice

Lewis, you have a PM :)

I was interested in this bait but they are awful distributors, have few stockists and fail to reply to queries. I went elsewhere.

Lewis, take great care when ordering from independent rolling companies. There have been instances (one very public) where it has been found that certain companies were receiving the proper base mix from the manufacturer...then cutting it with any old cheap rubbish. Obviously the end result of that is that they end up making vast profit...and you end up with a bait baring very little resemblance to that which you ordered and paid for. It also often means that the only thing getting caught on a regular basis....is you :eek:

Several carp fishing friends of mine have had instances where the bait they had been ordering for some time suddenly changed...colour, smell, everything...and varied yet again the next time they ordered. On the other hand, batches from the manufacturer remained the same as the original! Obviously carp anglers order more frequently and in greater quantities than the average barbel angler, so they notice such things quicker than barbel lads would.

I can't name names for obvious reasons, all I can say is ask the manufacturer who they trust/recommend. Of course you could also ask some decent carp anglers....but that may be a step too far for a barbel angler :D:eek::D

Cheers, Dave.

Hi Lewis,
If you want Nutrabaits bait, then " Rollin Baits " is the best company to use..They are fully endorsed by Bill Cottam and have been for years..

If I were going to get nutrabaits rolled I would use rollin baits. Aren't they owned by Dave Moore a long term nutrabaits user and think their hq is right nextdoor to nutrabaits.

I've done OK with the 'Shelfies'. The 10mm in winter are a good bet............. Only trouble is that the Chub LOVE them.........

Back