• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Trent Valley Angling.

Simon Archer

Senior Member & Supporter
Is anyone a member ??

I'm only down the road from their river sections., and after looking at their website I thought I might like to join. Just after any info about the stretches they control please, and whether it's worth joining.

Thanks.

Is anyone a member ??

I'm only down the road from their river sections., and after looking at their website I thought I might like to join. Just after any info about the stretches they control please, and whether it's worth joining.

Thanks.
If it’s down the road Simon I’d say give it a bash! I don’t know their waters but for seventy notes (for the river only) got to be worth a go! It reads well and night fishing allowed AND a couple of stretches has parking behind the pegs!! Bliss 🤣🤣
Obviously a carp anglers club if I interpret the website correctly but that could be a bonus in that they will share Barbel knowledge with you in the same way as the carpers on my local pit are happy to give me Tench info.

Last edited:
I was a member a few years ago for a season but only fished it a couple of times as it was a 300 mile round trip for me last time I fished the weir its snag city but good fish I had 2 bites a 14lb.6ozs Barbel and a 6lb.4ozs Chub

If it’s down the road Simon I’d say give it a bash! I don’t know their waters but for seventy notes (for the river only) got to be worth a go! It reads well and night fishing allowed AND a couple of stretches has parking behind the pegs!! Bliss 🤣🤣
Obviously a carp anglers club if I interpret the website correctly but that could be a bonus in that they will share Barbel knowledge with you in the same way as the carpers on my local pit are happy to give me Tench info

20 minutes away, Bill, and the access is something I'm now having to look at unfortunately. Being able to night fish is also a bonus.

I was a member a few years ago for a season but only fished it a couple of times as it was a 300 mile round trip for me last time I fished the weir its snag city but good fish I had 2 bites a 14lb.6ozs Barbel and a 6lb.4ozs Chub

I've fished the weir once before, many years ago an I too found it snaggy. I'm more interested in the other stretches, Gerry If I'm honest. Clifton sadly has a little bit of a reputation and I'd rather be out of the way of any trouble that may arise.

If I lived closer Simon I’d join you but alas, like Gerry, I’m getting on for being three hours away.☹️

Is anyone a member ??

Thanks.
Been looking at this club myself, one of my mates fishes their stretches for carp and enjoys it.

Yes, I believe it does, but only a small section , 10 or so pegs. I'm trying to get down there to have a look, but haven't been able to just yet. Hopefully next week.

Back