• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Trent rod rests.

Richard Barrett

Would like to find a two rod rest for the river Trent. The banks are too hard most o the time, so a pod style version would be ideal really. Any thoughts, not too expensive please?

These are very stable and light weight.

I got this off eBay prologic tri sky rod pod I paid £40 for it there is one on tonight is the item number 312703150303 the Time ends tonight at 20:15

Thanks all.

Has anyone any other thoughts on what they use? I ask as I really want the rods low for margin fishing, but it's the stones I struggle with. Just musing really asking what others use and think. The Forum looks great if i get desperate, I don't have to use the bottom rest do I?

Thanks all.

Has anyone any other thoughts on what they use? I ask as I really want the rods low for margin fishing, but it's the stones I struggle with. Just musing really asking what others use and think. The Forum looks great if i get desperate, I don't have to use the bottom rest do I?
prologic tri sky rod pod has 2 lots of legs that are included so the short ones turn it into a rock solid carp type pod and the long ones a Sky pod

Still the Shakespeare salt with a alloy bar to attach bite alarms too [ or rod rest heads] , mines a few years old now and has been useful for sea fishing as well, has survived been dragged down the humber bank by seals a couple of times.

The prologic tri sky pod is a decent bit of kit, it is a bit heavy, but the bag it comes in makes it easy to transport. I had the 3 rod version, sold it on as it was not really suitable for fishing small rivers or the Thames. Home-un-liesure on ebay have a few going most of the time, you can get a bargain from them.

I've tried these screw in poles with a screw on the bottom. None have worked for me to be honest, maybe on other ground but the Trent gravel no.

I've tried these screw in poles with a screw on the bottom. None have worked for me to be honest, maybe on other ground but the Trent gravel no.
here is a short video Mute the sound lol shows how versatile the Prologic pod is

Back