• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Trent help

Jamie Warren

Hello there wise ones, as part of my 40th birthday, my good wife agreed to let me loose On a 48hr fishing trip. I’m thinking of fishing gunthorpe or a1 stretches, or both, any recommendations on any other stretches that are day ticket? Not having much joy on the Ouse lately, and fancy a change, any advice or tips welcome 👍 I’m gonna leave it till the kids go back to school, and hopefully the rivers get a little quieter, and it will be midweek.

Last edited:
Hello there wise ones, as part of my 40th birthday, my good wife agreed to let me loose On a 48hr fishing trip. I’m thinking of fishing gunthorpe or a1 stretches, or both, any recommendations on any other stretches that are day ticket? Not having much joy on the Ouse lately, and fancy a change, any advice or tips welcome 👍
I'd do something a little different bait wise and take lobworms and sweetcorn maybe, as most anglers will fish boilies or pellets...Worth a try!?

A lot of day tickets don’t allow for night fishing, I bought a season ticket from Midland Angling Society, cost £35 and allows night fishing and 48 hour sessions. 140 pitches just downriver from Gunthorpe at Hoveringham. Bargain!

A lot of day tickets don’t allow for night fishing, I bought a season ticket from Midland Angling Society, cost £35 and allows night fishing and 48 hour sessions. 140 pitches just downriver from Gunthorpe at Hoveringham. Bargain!
Christ on a bike, you can’t get a day ticket for that money in some places “darn sarf”…. Blinding value !

Hello there wise ones, as part of my 40th birthday, my good wife agreed to let me loose On a 48hr fishing trip. I’m thinking of fishing gunthorpe or a1 stretches, or both, any recommendations on any other stretches that are day ticket? Not having much joy on the Ouse lately, and fancy a change, any advice or tips welcome 👍 I’m gonna leave it till the kids go back to school, and hopefully the rivers get a little quieter, and it will be midweek.
Hi James
as your post was back in Aug how was your 40th trip where did you go hope it was a success m8

Back