• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Trent conditions

Kevin Siddle

Hi Folks just wondering if anyone has fished the Trent since last weekends flooding. I haven’t had the chance to get near it but having spoken to bailiffs have been told some stretches are way too dangerous and unreachable due to floodwater. I don’t want to either waste a journey or miss a great opportunity and was hoping someone out there may be able to help. Many thanks Kevin.

Middle was just about over the banks when I fished it last Friday, it will have been under water since. Guage we use for where we were fishing was at 1.6m as we left (0.8m on arrival), it's been up to 2.5m since then but currently at 1.06m so I would imagine it will be OK in places...

Thanks Rob, I fish further down and I know it’s been very high around and downstream of Newark. I really enjoy flood fishing and would normally have been down by now, unfortunately haven’t been able to find the time!

I managed to wangle 3 out on the Wednesday before the levels went up and up again on the tidal , but made sure i could get out easily parking on hard ground as it pissed it down most of the night. The cod are back in the humber , although massive tides and more rain will make that a bit uncomfortable fishing for a few days .

Attachments

• DSCF0016.JPG
    DSCF0016.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 113
Back