• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Trent chances

John Smith 2

Hi all,
Not been able to get to fish for the last 2 weeks, so itching to get out. As I live 60 miles away, does anyone have any info on the likely condition of the river tomorrow, possible water temp etc. Will be going on a Notts Pisc stretch if it seems worth the journey.
Thanks John

Sont really know the conditions but I fish it quite often. With a frost nearly every morning this weekend and possibly the coldest night tonight. A days chubbing would be a safer bet than a days Barbelling... imo

Thanks for the reply John. Yes it looks like a days chubbing would be a better bet but I must say this season I have caught the fewest chub ever. Quite worrying really. Anyone else noticed this ?
Regards John

Give it a whirl John. I will be out tomorrow, but not expecting to catch a bag full. I think a fish will be a bonus tomorrow with the frosts we are getting. The temperature will be down and the river is at normal winter levels.
Bob

A bucket full of mash alternating 6 swims will do the trick... and yes Chub imo are getting scarcer. Is it a day ticket stretch John2? Or are you a guest.

Just seen tonight's forecast so I'll give it a miss Bob.By the way, enjoyed your articles on the Notts site,very good.
I'm a member of both notts and Newark Jon, all very good stretches, but struggled for chub everywhere this season. You doing many on the tidal?

Very few chub on the Tidal this season. Im struggling to think if I have caught one this term.

Back