• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Trent boat Angler R.I.P

Shocking but remember reading somewhere about people mooring near weir despite warnings not to , that weir has claimed so many lives

I wonder if they were both sensible fellas wearing life jackets, and the older guy just died of hypothermia? Either way, no doubt there are some devastated people left behind as a result of this dreadful accident...so very sad.

Dave.

It happens far too often on the trent and shows the monstrosity of the river Iv seen it all happen on tidal Trent a few years ago where a bloke was trying to free his anchor and fell in and didn't return to the top!!! Very sad news indeed by all accounts. R.I.P

I know it's sad and a terrible tragedy for those family members left behind but I haven't got a lot of sympathy having had many an idylic night session ruined by similar guys turning up once the BW Lock keepers have gone off shift and set up opposite me having motored passed the "No Boats Past This Point" sign with floodlights blazing all night,radios blaring out and having to watch them throw barbel after barbel off the back of the boat in between tinnies.
It will be interesting to see the Coroners inquest findings as to wether the boat shown in the press was suitably equipped, licensed and insured for a Trent weir and which one was the owner,consequences could be dire if it was the survivor as if it wasn't bad enough for him already.
Hopefully it will also have an effect on the current BW policy to turn a blind eye.

How is it at all possible to have an idyllic session from Peg 1 at Cromwell Weir what with the Mini Marquees, Tee Pees, bonfires etc What you've described doesn't sound any worse than what regularly goes on on the bank there, except it sonds like the boaters were catching more!

Cheers,

Steven

Back