• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Trent Barbel

Lee Fletcher

Just got to say it. That 14lb 10 oz barbel catch shot has got to be the best one I've ever seen. Great fish but great pose from the angler which shows his great capture off perfectly.

Very well done that man what a great photo!

Regards,

Lee.

Agreed

He even said to me its not a great photo. So I didn't and now you have brought it to our attention it is indeed a cracker. Lovely colouring and a great tail shot all brought together by the angle of the shot.

I agree Jon,

There is just something that came together when this shot was taken. The length and depth of the fish, the fins, the general pose of the fish which depicts perfectly how the fish would lie in its natural surroundings. To me, the image is what every single dedicated barbel angler would see in their imagination prior to going fishing. And is certainly an image of a fish they themselves would love to catch.

I bet the first glimpse of the fish when it rose up into the surface layers after a hard fight was something to behold. Brilliant.

Regards,

Lee.

Here's the photo in question:

528f5e9ae02e5.jpg

Cracking photo. Take a look at the home page now ;)

Back