• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

trefor west floodwater barbel rod

Peter T Thomas

hi guys trefor west floodwater barbel rod
12ft 2.25tc.
brand new still has plastic. on handle
£280 or near offers postage not inc prefer collection or use your own courier
peter

hi guys trefor west floodwater barbel rod
12ft 2.25tc.
brand new still has plastic. on handle
£280 or near offers postage not inc prefer collection or use your own courier
peter

Attachments

• 20230525_093415.jpg
    20230525_093415.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 20230525_093407.jpg
    20230525_093407.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 206
  • 20230525_093441.jpg
    20230525_093441.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 199
What blanks are these built on? I know the 1.75 Lone Angler rods were Torrix blanks, but these don't have a carbon weave with makes me think they weren't built on either Chimera or Torrix blanks.

Maybe the Harrison SS 2.25?

Trefor West 12ft Floodwater barbel rod – 2 1/4lb test curve, short handle (24 ¾”)​

FLOODWATER_ROD
Designed by Trefor, this two piece 24¾” short handle Flood Water barbel rod is made in Britain on highly regarded Harrison carbon fibre blanks using only the best materials and fittings to create the ultimate rod in its class. The rod is beautifully finished in dark green matt with Seymo rings of the correct size and superb cork handles incorporating Fuji screw winch fittings.
This heavy-duty rod has been designed for optimum performance in the demanding situation of floodwater fishing. Accepting no compromise this 2¼ lb test rod is designed to handle extra water, big rivers like the Wye where method feeders and big weights are required but still retains a smooth progressive action and feel.
– Trefor West

What blanks are these built on? I know the 1.75 Lone Angler rods were Torrix blanks, but these don't have a carbon weave with makes me think they weren't built on either Chimera or Torrix blanks.

Maybe the Harrison SS 2.25
Joe - I was only recently schooled by Mike who owned Lone Angler that it was a blank developed by TW with Dr Steve. By all accounts there were several prototypes that didn't cut the mustard. However I've learnt something as I though both test curves were to his design?

I’m pretty sure the 1.75 was based on torrix but I’ve also heard (true or myth I don’t know) that there was changes made to it as in original format it wasn’t what what wanted exactly.
Now it could be bs but it wouldn’t be the first time Steve Harrison made particular blanks in accordance with people’s special requirements. (Ipower, dark carbon, peregrine special floods) to name afew obvious ones.

Interesting stuff. Pulling on them side by side would probably determine it.

So the fact that these rods are built on bespoke Harrison blanks makes them very collectable, imo.

Good luck with the sale Peter...sorry to have slightly hijacked your sale thread!

Back