• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Total Fishing Gear Reels?

John Cook

Afternoon Barbelers,

I purchased a TF Gear 8 baitrunner reel in the 3000 size for my cold water chubbing i spooled it up put it on the rod went to a little park and had a cast around ( sad i know) The reel is very smooth with 10 bearings line lay in good and the front drag is very smooth as is the baitrunner facility and to top it all a very nice price..............Anyone use tf gear reels or had any experience of them??? Please dont tell me that they fall to bits inside a week:mad:

Didn't managed to get mine out the shop before it fell apart! :)

Just delete the word gear and insert garbage. You can also change fishing for another F word.:D:p;)

All the best Tatty.

You wont take it off my hands then Paul??

The Chairman on Thursday

Subject: TFG

I looked at one in a tackle emporium once, and promptly disintegrated. Took my P.A. Olga's very best, prolonged and unstinting efforts to put me together again.

As ever,

B.B.

Paul,

Was that out of astonishment of the quality or lack of it?????:)

I believe that the dear old Chairman might have been alluding to a possible "Can we really get away with this heap of - er, let's call it tat among ourselves - if we market it and get our captive press to push it hard enough...?" mindset.

Back