• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Torrix Tri Tip

I think twin tip/ multi tips are great in theory but in reality I keep all my rods made up so prior to a session, quick check of river levels /weather and I make an informed choice
I do use my Torrix tip rod a lot and invariably in summer it’s the 2ozspiced tip, winter 3oz push in and then back to the lighter tip if it ever drops low enough end of season( not this year)
Anymore than that I use a different rod as it’s only 1.25tc.
And carrying a spare spliced tip section to the river makes me very nervous if I’m not using it even when it’s in a decent case
But then leaving it at home seems a bit daft too?
Multi tips make perfect sense if you are disciplined and want to have options using the same butt section and don’t want loads of rods but I think the majority of lads on here like to cover most bases with an armoury of rods ?

I think twin tip/ multi tips are great in theory but in reality I keep all my rods made up so prior to a session, quick check of river levels /weather and I make an informed choice
I do use my Torrix tip rod a lot and invariably in summer it’s the 2ozspiced tip, winter 3oz push in and then back to the lighter tip if it ever drops low enough end of season( not this year)
Anymore than that I use a different rod as it’s only 1.25tc.
And carrying a spare spliced tip section to the river makes me very nervous if I’m not using it even when it’s in a decent case
But then leaving it at home seems a bit daft too?
Multi tips make perfect sense if you are disciplined and want to have options using the same butt section and don’t want loads of rods but I think the majority of lads on here like to cover most bases with an armoury of rods ?
I tend to agree. I have a sportex xclusive barbel which were launched about twelve years ago which has both a 1.75 and a 2. 1/4 tips. Suspect it maybe the only one here in the UK. Hope to hear I am wrong and how it performs in the barbel world but I digress. I have a torrix with a 4 oz spliced tip but use it for feisty carp. I have other quiver tip rods and as made up, select what I think is most relevant for where I am going or will be most fun. Eg, I had a hardy 10' bomb. With a 2 Oz tip it was used alongside the torrix. Results were often fun, and never lost a fish by line breaks either. If my invitation holds and I get to the Trent for the first time this year, it will be the torrix and the 2.1/4 sportex. Fishing is about dreams!

I tend to agree. I have a sportex xclusive barbel which were launched about twelve years ago which has both a 1.75 and a 2. 1/4 tips. Suspect it maybe the only one here in the UK. Hope to hear I am wrong and how it performs in the barbel world but I digress. I have a torrix with a 4 oz spliced tip but use it for feisty carp. I have other quiver tip rods and as made up, select what I think is most relevant for where I am going or will be most fun. Eg, I had a hardy 10' bomb. With a 2 Oz tip it was used alongside the torrix. Results were often fun, and never lost a fish by line breaks either. If my invitation holds and I get to the Trent for the first time this year, it will be the torrix and the 2.1/4 sportex. Fishing is about dreams!
Who built your spliced Torrix's Alec? 👍

Back