• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Torrix Tri Tip

Martin Osmond

Senior Member & Supporter
Just seen this on Facebook Market place.

Screenshot_20240328_193122_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240328_193114_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240328_193118_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240328_193126_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240328_193134_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240328_193110_Facebook.jpg

Got me wondering, does anyone know what possible configurations would be available with the Torrix?

E.g. would it be possible to have a 1.25 and 1.75 twin tips?

Bob Gill back in the day did the twin tip ie 1.75 and 2.0 top on here.

I think builds like these will get harder to come by, I've heard the chimera Avon is soon to be a discontinued blank
only torrix 1.75 and 2 share the same butt section.
I was just posting that point too mate.

I also think requests like the one above are not possible anymore as Harrison need a good run on the demand front to even consider doing them as a job lot.

I know M. T mentioned recently that the lightest chimera Avon blank is possibly being discontinued or has been once the remaining stock has been brought.

One of the reasons why I can't seem to let rods go, as I know these won't be replicated anymore.

I think builds like these will get harder to come by, I've heard the chimera Avon is soon to be a discontinued blank

I also think requests like the one above are not possible anymore as Harrison need a good run on the demand front to even consider doing them as a job lot.

I know M. T mentioned recently that the lightest chimera Avon blank is possibly being discontinued or has been once the remaining stock has been brought.

One of the reasons why I can't seem to let rods go, as I know these won't be replicated anymore.
Chimera Avon is a lovely blank, I really like it. I really should have build mine as two tips.

I actually have a 1.75 torrix customised to take the Drennan tips. Not all barbel bites are wrap around. I'm sure I have caught extra fish because of this rod.

1.75 … 2.0 twin tip built by Bob. A rod l’ll keep until I fall off my perch.🙂

IMG_6697.jpeg

Yeah I wish I kept mine to be honest, although I found the 1.75 top to be a little too soft for the waters I was on. Still a lovely rod. Especially I loved the iso-blob on the tip, which was one of the best features I've seen in a rod build.
One of the joys of having a rod built was the personal choice of extras ,.. I was like a kid in a sweet shop.
The iso-blob was a good idea ,… I’ve lost whipped on isotopes on other rods.
The ALPs reel seat was important for me as I’ve never been a fan of plastic screw-down seats after busting one on a budget Korum twin tip.
That particular configuration suits my needs for D.Stour and H. Avon. Could be nearly 20 years ago when it was built.

One of the joys of having a rod built was the personal choice of extras ,.. I was like a kid in a sweet shop.
The iso-blob was a good idea ,… I’ve lost whipped on isotopes on other rods.
The ALPs reel seat was important for me as I’ve never been a fan of plastic screw-down seats after busting one on a budget Korum twin tip.
That particular configuration suits my needs for D.Stour and H. Avon. Could be nearly 20 years ago when it was built.
Time flies 20 yrs ago already!

Ha,.. I’m definitely losing it ,.. just found the receipt,.. January 2013 !! Not even close.😂🎣
Good to see your rod again Dave - remember them well.
Still dabble rod making and keeping an eye on new developments. Currently treating myself to one or two Chimera 2 rods with the relatively new Fuji TCH reel seat (TCH = titanium carbon hybrid) which is light, very comfy but expensive.
Best wishes and regards.

DSCN0694 C2 2000.jpg

Still dabble rod making and keeping an eye on new developments. Currently treating myself to one or two Chimera 2 rods with the relatively new Fuji TCH reel seat (TCH = titanium carbon hybrid) which is light, very comfy but expensive.
Best wishes and regards.

View attachment 29167
Very nice Bob,… hadn’t heard of TCH,.. still like the bulletproof ALPs.
I wouldn’t mind a chimera 1 tbh,… I just seem to spend every last penny on camera gear !🙄
Atb,.. and thanks for building me such a fabulous rod.😉

Best wishes and regards.

View attachment 29167
That seat would be sensational on a float rod. It looks well comfortable to hold.

Best wishes and regards.

View attachment 29167
Hi Bob. I am still waiting to see if you ever found the torrix 1.1/4 twin tip and decided to offer it for sale. Had designs on that as my last rod purchase, ha!

I have peregrine torrix's Julian. An 11 with a 4 oz spliced tip and a 12 with torzites. I always fancied a twin tip but Roger seemed reluctant to build. I also have his Avon which is a do everything almost rod imho. I always fancied bob gills smaller torrix twin tip but never found one.

Back